Tuesday, October 18, 2016

creative tuesdays :: treehouse


Treehouse is the theme this week at Creative Tuesdays. Thanks again to Michael for hosting.

I managed to finish this drawing yesterday. It’s a self-portrait really. Me – always cleaning (my motto: If you’ve got time to lean, you’ve got time to clean!). My husband – reading the newspaper (or his ipad!) in the kitchen.

He doesn’t pick on me for being a neat freak and I don’t nag him for reading (and re-reading) the paper.

My treehouse looks a bit hodge podge as treehouses go. A few years ago, I bought a book at the used bookstore about Building Your Luxury Dream Home or some such title. I will never be able to buy or build a LUXURY dream home…but I find some of the architecture features very creative. I’ve incorporated a few of my favorite windows here!

8 comments:

  1. this is so adorable! love the little details like the patterns on the house roofs and lanterns and colors are lovely too. another great take on a CT theme. & I guess that is you sweeping the path? so very cute.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so lovely, a great picture. I also love all of the detail you have put in on the windows and doors, you would make a great house designer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Sue, I love these lil' windows inspiration from your book and the fact it represents you both. So love the way you've done that layered sky, the flower vase in that window, his glasses as he reads and so on. Well done. It's very cheerful indeed.

    Ha, you know, I am rather a clean neat-nik myself. My kids would often give me a hard time about it. I'm also a big reader of the news too, although usally online. When I have paper before me, a big one like the Telegraph, it's even worse. Yes, hours can go by!! So, I try to stick to online to help speed up the process but not quite as enjoyable, must admit.

    Anyway, great write up and piece. Thank you so much for doing it! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its a very nice dream tree house :) I always wanted a tree house, but never lived anywhere with a tree big enough to have one

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a homey and creative interpretation Sue! You are a neat freak like my husband. I'd be the one reading the paper lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great 'take' on a tree house! Love the dormer windows! Very clever! And I too like the way you did the sky. Your illos always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww - this is so sweet. A wonderful mix of different houses all in one tree. And I love your story of you and your hubby :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
You just made my day!!