Tuesday, April 22, 2014

stuff about me … the UFO incident


Ok, just so you don’t think I’m a whacko, yes, I did see a UFO…once! But I wasn’t abducted or anything like that. I’m pretty sure anyway.

It happened like this.

It was in the fall, about 20 years ago. At that time, I worked from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm, so it was probably around 6:30...early morning and still dark outside. I was driving my daughter to my brother’s house as she carpooled with her cousins to school.

As we turned the corner onto their street, there was something large and bright hovering above one of the houses. As I slowed down to have a look, it took off.

WHOOSH – and it was gone! Then – WHOOSH – it was back, then it was gone again!!

Only it didn’t WHOOSH, it was silent…and fast!

I looked at my daughter, she looked at me, then we both screamed and I drove as fast as my little car could go!


When we got to my brother’s house, we sat in the car staring up at the sky. It was nowhere in sight. My daughter was nervous about going to the front door but I assured her it was ok. I would honk the horn if I saw it again. (What a good mom I was!!)

5 comments:

  1. LOL Not laughing at the UFO (Because I totally believe it was there) but at you NOT walking your daughter to the door! And I love the illo too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scary, and funny and an amazing memory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn those government guys and their experiments! lol! Quite a memory to share with your daughter. Glad she didn't get nabbed on her way into the house. ;) I really love your squiggly line style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very cool story! I am really impressed. I would love it to see an UFO too. Love your illustration too. My brother told me once he saw one and he described it exactly as you did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha what a great story and the fact that you both saw it makes it less out there! Great illustration too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
You just made my day!!