Wednesday, January 29, 2014

c.o.l.

What is C.O.L.? Well, it’s not a disease. More like a “condition.”

In our house, C.O.L. gets you out of lots of nasty chores.


“I’d start fixing dinner, but I have C.O.L.”
“Honey, can you refill my drink? I have C.O.L.”
“Can you hand me the remote? I have C.O.L.”

C.O.L. is a respected condition in our house. The other person must defer to the person who is afflicted. It’s the law.

The plus side is that your legs stay nice and warm for the duration.



On a side note, I’ve been published! If you get the 2014 Cheap Joe’s Art Catalog, you’ll find this painting featured under the Customer Art section. How cool is that??

9 comments:

  1. THAT IS WAAAAAAY COOL! (I'm only slightly jealous..... wink.) Congratulations!!!!!!
    Husband used to suffer from C.O.L. all the time! And he's 'dog man'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet...I love the C.O.L. condition. PLUS Congratulations! on being featured in a magazine, that is way special :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just ordered the catalog so I could see your work IRL!! Congrats to you and I hope you have lots of time to look at it yourself while you experience COL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ***Clapping Hands Over Here*** Congrats on the catalog. That sunflower is amazing!!!

    We have this order as well...however it is P.O.L .... Pug on Lap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have C.O.L. at the moment! Ha ha! Wonderful illustrations - love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo hoo! Beautiful sunflower! You deserve the recognition! Stay warm with that kitty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your publication in the the catalog! This is great!
    I love it to look at the sunflower! And I love the little C.O.L. illustration too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on getting published! Ha I laughed at C, O.L as we have a similar condition in our house only is called D.O.L and as they always lie on me then technically I'm the only one afflicted with it but it's great 'oh I'd love a coffee/biscuit/whatever but I've got the dogs on me' !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely top marks for this illustration. I remember C.O.L syndrome and I miss it, especially after seeing this beautiful drawing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
You just made my day!!