Wednesday, October 9, 2013

i remember...


I’ve been working on these little sketches for some time now. Every now and then, I jot down another memory and when I have time, I create a little doodle.

When I get enough of them, I plan to make a little book for my mom and dad. Maybe one for my daughter and grandson. They might enjoy them, too.

I wish my mom and dad would write down some of their memories for me. I would love to have them. No matter how silly they may seem, I know I would treasure them.

7 comments:

  1. Cute sketch! I asked my relatives to write down their memories. They all said they would and died before they got around to it. So sad that all those wonderful stories are gone. That’s the main reason I started my blog. I figured I’d better do what I asked everyone else to do before I shuffle off too! At least the boys will have some of the history…..if a bit skewed! I’m sure your family will appreciate you are doing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, i know what you mean. my dad has some wonderful stories...but he won't take the time to write them down.

      Delete
  2. Maybe they will, after they saw what nice things you do with memories..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, maybe they will. i've only heard a few stories...would LOVE to hear more.

      Delete
  3. Just get your Dad talking and then YOU write them down. Better than losing them altogether. ….

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a great idea! Everyone should capture their favourite memories in some way. :) And I like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This skecth of your Dad playing the banjo is wonderful. I can nearly hear the funny sound. I love your idea of sketching all these beautiful memories!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
You just made my day!!