Saturday, September 28, 2013

Why didn’t anyone warn me…

…that it’s impossible to have a kitten and a puppy in the house at the same time if you want to get anything done. It’s like having toddlers in the house…you have to watch them every minute.

Dobby keeps me busy all day playing with squeaker toys, throwing and chasing, walking her, letting her in and out and in and out. I especially like when I’m on a conference call and she decides it’s time to play with the squeaker toys!!

Then there’s the new kitten. We’ve named her Luna. She’s very sweet. But like all kittens, sleeps during the day and is up ALL night long.

We’ve had trouble with them in the same room…Dobby is a little aggressive and I’m not sure what she’ll do if ever she gets too close to Luna. I guess time will tell. Luna does have claws and a mean hiss…I think she can stand her ground.

For now….I have a few paintings that I did last weekend. It’s taken me several days to finish them with ink. Like I said, I don’t have much spare time anymore. When it gets too quiet, I always have to go investigate to see what is getting chewed up!! Usually a doggie toy, but occasionally a shoe or a cedar chest!


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have your work cut out for you with pup and kitty. Just as well you could immerse yourself with your lovely paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These two paintings are gorgeous, considering your two little monkeys... I had dogs for 35 years, four in total, raised in pairs....from puppies....now you don't have to ask why I haven't had a dog for three years now.... taking on a puppy is like having a new baby....let alone a kitten....oh my goodness what were you punishing yourself for...Thank goodness they are adorable... I know people have a baby and get a puppy and it's a nightmare...We baby sit one little toy poodle to get our animal fix.... I love it but like a grandchild...she goes home!! All the best.....you can start trusting the puppy around the five year mark!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous paintings! Good thing you posted them, I was having Alarmcat withdrawal!
    (Don't worry, they will work out the pecking order in due time and get along just fine!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! Way too funny, only because we have been there! Yep, the good ole puppy and kitten days!

    I especially loved the squeaker toys while on a conference call.

    Our three year old pug is totally like a toddler to this day! When I'm in the kitchen and start to dial the phone ... she puts her front paws on my knees and starts barking at me! Now if that isn't like a true toddler! Good luck with the terrible twosome! Ya gotta admit...they are so cute though!!!

    Your paintings are very pretty! I immediately thought they would make a good fabric!

    Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love these colorful and cheerful pictures you have posted! I also understand that your new jolly "flatmates" keep you busy all the time but I like the stories you are telling about them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your new pictures! Puppy in the house: no rest for the weary.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
You just made my day!!