Thursday, April 11, 2013

workshop

I attended a workshop the weekend before last. Finally got these images scanned.

Workshops are good because they take you outside of your comfort zone.

This image was difficult because I don’t “do trees” and the palette was a little dark and ominous.


This one was a fun challenge. Whenever I draw buildings, the perspective is wonky. Here, it didn’t matter…that was the whole point of this exercise!! Plus I got to choose my palette…so I went back to bold colors that I am familiar with.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, which workshop was that!? These are amazing! Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was a local workshop. one of the teachers at our local college offers workshops 2 or 3 times a year.

      Delete
  2. You are really broadening your painting horizons! I hope you never lose your "own" style as shown on your blog, but these paintings are wonderful! I love the wonky buildings. It seems like I see a lot of people's sketchbook drawings where they throw perspective out the window when drawing city buildings. I love the results and it gives me hope that I too can draw cityscapes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pictures very much!!! They look like the beautiful illustrations in a book of magical fairy tales. They are really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
You just made my day!!