Tuesday, August 7, 2012

stay cool


Sorry to have abandoned you. I was on vacation and went to a watercolor workshop. It was wonderful…I learned so much! You would think that I would have TONS to show you but most of what I did at the workshop was just exercise stuff. I’ll keep them for references but not really blog-worthy stuff!

I love going to workshops to learn new techniques but when I get home and try to apply things to make it “my style” it takes a while to work. Most of my stuff lately has ended up in the collage pile! But I’m enjoying the process.

For now, I’m painting and doodling and trying to stay cool. I don’t know about the weather where you are but we have been so dry and most days it is over 100 degrees! I stay inside where it’s cool.

I did get to see rain on vacation! Most people don’t like rainy vacations. Me? I wanted to go out and dance in it!!

Stay cool!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed your watercolor workshop. I look forward to seeing your posts. I'm in north Texas and I would be out dancing in the rain too! I am so ready for fall! (And football!)
    Stay cool,
    D~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the swirls of color in this painting! Glad you enjoyed your painting class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds really interesting :) I'd love to go to some watercolour workshop myself some time. I'm already curious to see effects on your work. The picture you featured here has really beautiful colours :) (And in some way it resembles the heat you are talking about^^)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
You just made my day!!