Wednesday, August 22, 2012

grapes

A few weeks ago, I went to a watercolor workshop by Sue Archer. Her paintings are amazing!! Her workshop was just delightful…I got so much information packed into 41/2 days!!

Let me just start off by saying that workshops are hard! Any workshop. Trying to absorb everything AND then putting that information onto paper is just not easy!

My sorry attempt at these grapes should not reflect poorly on Sue’s teaching ability…I was just struggling with the new concepts. She works wet on wet on full-size watercolor paper! I generally work with my paper dry. And the largest I’ve ever attempted was probably 11x15…something like that. So I really struggled.


Here are my sad little grapes. I’ve highlighted the one part that I like!!

I think I’ll move on to something with a little more color next time.

4 comments:

  1. I think they are unique little grapes, not sad (: I enjoy workshops too and agree, they are hard work but the benefits are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're being much to hard on yourself - these are grape! Hee hee! (Sorry, I couldn't help myself.)

    But seriously, I really think these are wonderful... All of them, not just the lovely little loner :)

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. But don't lose your very own unique style! That's what keeps me visiting to see what you've painted! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the grapes too. They look "alive" and really yummy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
You just made my day!!