Thursday, December 1, 2011

full moon bridge

I painted this watercolor based on a photo I took on a trip to Hot Springs, AR. The bridge is really the only thing that I took from the photo though. The trees are completely different. They are more forest-like…not circular, cartoon trees! No people are in my photo either…so I added a few faceless beings. They may not look excited but deep inside I know they are enjoying their day in the garden! I sure did.

When I paint in the studio, I fix a cup of tea or a latte. That’s step #1. I turn on some music (for me, I like to listen to movie soundtracks) and just paint the day away. Sometimes I forget to stop and eat!

Never once have I spent all day in the studio and then at the end of the day said, “Oh, shoot, I didn’t get any laundry done today!” No regrets. Studio time is never wasted time!!

What about you? What is your routine for painting or drawing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
You just made my day!!