Wednesday, October 19, 2011

workshop pics

I finally had a chance to scan some pics from the workshop I took last weekend.


This first painting was really fun to do. I must admit, it took every fiber of my being NOT to add some ink to it! You know how I LOVE adding ink to everything! The painting below is a do-over. The one I did in the workshop…well, it didn’t turn out. Let’s just leave it at that.


When I got home, I attempted the technique again. First you do an underpainting with lots of texture and patterns. I even added some collage.

Then you mask out areas with cut up poster board and tape. The next step is to paint over the whole painting with another color. Acrylic is good to use but watercolor works, too.

After you remove the mask, you go back and add in some marks on top of the dark color to sort of pull it all together.

I’m still not sure about this one. I will definitely play around with this technique some more.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like it was a fun workshop - I always love stopping by and seeing the creativity that flows from your brush (and when you're allowed, your pen)! Hee hee

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great little drawings, looks like you had fun!! YOu inspired us to do some experimentation's too, so thank you! keep up with your good work :)

    Love P&C xx

    http://proctorcruzdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
You just made my day!!