Wednesday, August 31, 2016

repeating patterns


Now I can’t remember what triggered this obsession, but I’ve been doodling and making repeating patterns for the past week or so.

I must have been reading something and it sent me to spoonflower.com. This site has been around for some time but I only just re-discovered it. Has anyone purchased fabric or paper from the site? Or have you created designs for them?


I did some daisy doodles and turned it into a repeating pattern. Then I colored it in Photoshop.


I spent some time researching how to make a repeating design. Draw. Cut. Rearrange paper. Tape. Draw. Remove tape. Rearrange paper. Tape. Ad nauseum.

Then I found an automatic command in Photoshop and in Illustrator. But hey, I like to do things the hard way first!!

Not sure I will upload and print any designs on fabric. Well, not unless I come up with one that I really really like. For now, I’ll keep doodling. I need more practice.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful...and I especially love the yellow one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have purchased both paper and fabric of my own design from Spoonflower. Been very pleased with both.
    Love your daisies! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have ordered some sample from them on simple cotton and it was pretty nice and the colours and pattern were correct :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've reminded me about spoonflower, such a time since I first discovered it. I love your daisy design and you should add it, you have something happening there for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
You just made my day!!