Friday, August 30, 2013

i’ve gone over to the dark side…


The crazy cat lady has adopted a dog. Well, it was my husband’s idea…I like dogs but just never really knew what to do with them. They seem to require a lot more work than your average cat.

I’ve never owned a dog, unless you count that one that followed my brothers home from the convenience store. Mom let it stay only for as long as it took to find it a new home. Which was about a week.

But now I have a puppy. The vet guesses she is about 7 or 8 months old. We’ve named her Dobby…after the Harry Potter house elf. She is a free elf…complete with 4 socks!

She moves quite fast so it’s hard to paint her. But here is a quick sketch of Dobby and a chew toy.

I swore after Abby died that I didn’t think I’d ever get another pet. But they bring us such joy. Now I can’t imagine living in a house that didn’t have an animal or two.

Dobby has only been with us a little over a week and we are head over heels in love!!

Everyday, we tell each other that we hit the doggy lottery! She is potty trained, sleeps all night and only chews on her own toys. She’s amazing!

7 comments:

  1. She IS amazing! Quite a deal and a great model! Congrats on your new family member! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She IS amazing! Quite a deal and a great model! Congrats on your new family member! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on becoming a doggie mommy! Dogs are so much more demonstrative than cats. You’re gonna love it!(I was never much of a dog person either, but I was head over heels in love with Sammy out Golden retriever.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new Puppy! LOVE her name!!! Sounds like you are having a wonderful time with her!! You will have to post a photo of her for us. We have a 3 year old pug and she is full of energy just like she was the day we got her. She is our little energizer puggy! Such a silly little thing, too. Makes us laugh all the time.
    (Her name is Jane Austen Eyre - aka Janie-Poo.
    Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, that's great news and a surprise for AlarmCAT Studio! lol. I love your drawing of Dobby who looks so sweet. Looking forward to lots more drawings of her :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds amazing all right :-) She looks cute and cuddly ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I'm one of the rare few who love both dogs and cats equally but I have to say dogs give you so much unconditional love and sheer joy-i can't imagine our house without dogs now. Cats are awesome for the fact they're so cool and independent compared to dogs-you're right dogs do seem to be a bigger commitment somehow-cats can walk themselves for a start!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
You just made my day!!