Friday, July 5, 2013

icad #35, apr #64 and a doodle

Happy Friday to you all!! I had a busy day in the studio yesterday. Here are a few.

My daily icad. New prompts came out yesterday. Woohoo…Thanks, Tammy!

Playing in the Artist’s Play Room. I hope I’m not too late to contribute a monochromatic painting for this week’s theme.


And last, a little doodle about a 4th of July memory. We always had homemade ice cream on the 4th of July.

When I was (much) younger, ice cream makers were hand-cranked. It was hard work! I always convinced my brothers that since I was the biggest (older and wiser, too) that I should be the one who sat on it to hold it still. They got the chore of turning the handle.

These days, I have a small ice cream maker. It makes about a quart or quart and a half. Very small but has a hand crank. I can do it myself…no need for someone to sit on it and hold it still ☺

Yesterday, I made key lime ice cream. It’s yummy!!

5 comments:

  1. Yummy...the memory and the sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever move with the ice-cream making! Love your paintings. Have a great weekend ツ

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I especially like the monochromatic painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, just want to say that I have lost my original blog! grrr. All explained on the new one I have set up and hope you will follow:

    www.annatstudiohyde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
You just made my day!!