Thursday, June 6, 2013

hey friends

I missed ICAD #5 yesterday and will probably miss today as well.

Abby cat has been sick and I’ve been spending extra time tending to her.

She woke me up in typical alarm cat fashion on Sunday…she likes to lick my eyelids. That always wakes me up in a hurry! But later that day, she had a seizure.

A trip to the vet on Monday and we picked up some new meds. Which only made things worse.

So now I alternate my time with cuddling her and crying over her. She is nearly 19 years old. My head knows that the end can’t be far away but my heart has not caught up with this yet.

My husband and I had a talk last night and had decided that today was THE day we would say good-bye to her. One last time.

But Abby woke us up early saying she was hungry. Hungry NOW!

So now, we’ll see how today goes and just take it a day at a time.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about Abby. I hope the new medication has kicked in and is making her feel better at least for a little while longer. At the cat sanctuary where I volunteer, we lost a cat last week and I just found out one of the Feline Leukemia cats has an inoperable tumor that is spreading. He's young, only 18 months. My heart hurts. I've grown attached to them. I know 19 years is not the same comparison though. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry your beloved cat is poorly. 19 is an amazing age after all. But hopefully she will perk up and make a turn for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish you strength...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m so sorry! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope she'll be able to keep going for a while longer ....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
You just made my day!!