Tuesday, May 28, 2013

rainbow garden and catching up

I’ve been blog-stalking Just Add Water, Silly for a long time and now it’s time to play along. So here is my contribution to this week’s challenge…Rainbow!


I used a straw to splatter blue and green watercolor around on the page. Then, after it dried, I filled in the blanks with bright color. Then added some ink.

Since I spent so much time on this, I didn’t spend a whole lot of time on my other challenge of sharing daily food or drink. Here’s what we had for our Memorial Day cookout though.

I love cheeseburgers. But I LOVE LOVE Moldy Fungus Burgers.


Moldy = Bleu Cheese
Fungus = Sautéed Mushrooms
All together = yum!

10 comments:

  1. Love all of the above. I have to think what I can come up with for the challenge. Loved yours.
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I want to have this top design in stained-glass. Really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Corona bottle best! (My uncouthness is showing! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your watercolours are gorgeous!!! That first one though for the rainbow theme is so amazing - I want my whole room to be painted like that and my bed covers... Sigh. Thank you for the tip on how you did it, what a great way to achieve something so random and unique every time you do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from the APR, so glad you could join us - your rainbow picture is amazing and I appreciate the wee 'how to'.
    Your bottle is awesome, but I'm really not sure I like the sound of those burgers. Bu-ut, I'm sure it's just a case of the name belying the deliciousness of them, lol. :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your rainbow piece is so fun and vibrant! And now I'm craving coronas and moldy burgers! My husband hates bleu cheese so I never think to use it. But, it's so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum to both and especially your rainbow creation. [I don't DO burgers but I remember that combo fondly!!]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to APR, it's so good to see you. I have to confess I never made it to this week's challenge, but I'm having a great day visiting everyone.
    Your painting's brilliant and I loved hearing how you created it. I haven't blown paint for years so thanks for reminding me just how much fun that can be! ;D
    I have to say I don't think I could manage the Moldy Burgers though...not only is it the name but I just can't do the whole blue cheese bit! :$

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoops I meant to say 'bleu' cheese! I'm such a numpty x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a very fun blog! I love your rainbow piece for APR. But everywhere I look are things to like:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
You just made my day!!