Tuesday, December 18, 2012

holiday faves

It’s List it Tuesday over at Artsyville. This week’s theme is Holiday Traditions…so here goes:


My Favorite Things about the Holiday:

My mom’s gingerbread men. Oh, and she makes a mean pumpkin bread (with nuts and chocolate chips).


I love wrapping presents. Not so much the buying of. Or the paying for. But I really love the wrapping of part.


Holiday movies. Oldies like “Miracle on 34th Street” with Maureen O’Hara and Natalie Wood. And new ones like “Love Actually” with Liam Neeson (swoon) or “The Holiday” with Jude Law (double swoon).


My favorite all time Christmas movie is “It’s a Wonderful Life” with Jimmy Stewart. I’ve seen it 50 times. And I’ve cried 50 times.


But my favorite thing about the holidays is seeing my family. We are all spread out so this is the only time of the year that we ALL get together. This year’s count is 36. About 2 years ago, we started renting a hotel meeting room…grandma’s house just got too crowded! But there is still plenty of food and gifts and talking and laughing. Lots of laughing!

That is my absolute favorite thing about the holidays.

10 comments:

  1. Being around a big family sounds like wonderful fun. Enjoy every minute of it, give everyone lots of love, and report back to us..

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea to get a large room so the family could be all together! And that's a load off your grandma too! Happy Holidays to the family. I enjoyed your drawings! {:-Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to have all your family gathered together! Enjoy every single moment! Merry Merry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hope the weather cooperates!! i'm so looking forward to seeing everyone!

      Delete
  4. Your blog is so cool! Your illustrations are wonderful!!!

    Okay. Reeling myself in. Love your traditions. The wrapping part made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the wonderful compliments!! glad you stopped by :)

      Delete
  5. Love your illustrations as you go holiday list! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great list-- although I have to say that i much prefer the finding of the great presents than the wrapping of them! :-)

    and i love holiday movies too (especially any with Liam Neeson), but can you believe i've never seen It's a Wonderful Life??

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
You just made my day!!