Friday, October 26, 2012

my apologies to...


…Rene Magritte

Ok, this drawing was fun to do.

Based on Magritte’s “Son of Man,” I knew that I had to keep the bowler hat but that would hide the cat’s ears. So all I kept from the cat was the nose and whiskers.

On my first attempt, I changed the apple to a ball but then I thought “hmm, cats aren’t that crazy about balls. Not like dogs are anyway.” So….after giving it some thought, voila…a ball of yarn!

Hope everyone has/had a wonderful Friday. The weather has finally turned a bit chilly here so I’m planning on hibernating in the studio! So many ideas, so little time!

3 comments:

  1. Great idea to replace the apple with a yarn of wool, i love this one:0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how many new paintings you've done since I last visited. Another reminder of how fast the time goes .... Especially love the colours in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You cat paintings make me smile every day!! LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
You just made my day!!