Tuesday, October 2, 2012

my apologies to...

After last month’s challenge of 29 Faces in 29 Days, I thought I’d slow it down some. I can’t keep up with the pace of posting everyday!! It was a super fun challenge and I met some artists that are so, so talented!! But now it’s time for something different.

Some time ago, I did a few watercolors of cats in famous paintings.

This one, I call portrait of the cat Sylvia based on “Portrait of the Journalist Sylvia von Harden” by Otto Dix.

And this one might look more familiar…meow mix sur l’herbe based on “Luncheon on the Grass” by Edouard Manet.

I’ve been working on a continuation of the series. My first thought was to call the series “Cats in Art” or something like that. But as I am working on the rough drawings, I think it would be best to call the series “My apologies to…” because some of them are really bad.

Really, REALLY bad!!

But I’m having fun…so what the heck. Here is my first attempt. It is based very loosely on Woman with Red Beret by Pablo Picasso.


2 comments:

  1. I love your Picasso cat, I think its a great idea to paint a series of cats in art. Your other cat painting are good too. I will look forward to seeing more:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Picasso cat is brilliant! And "Cats in art" is a lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
You just made my day!!