Tuesday, April 17, 2012

open

I don’t think I’ve posted anything for the Sketchbook Challenge this month. The theme is “open” and here my first interpretation. I went for the obvious…open windows.

These three sketches are from photos of mine.

Whenever I go on a vacation, I tend to take hundreds of pics. Even in the old days when I was shooting film, I would take 10 rolls of pics a week on vacations. Now, it’s even worse since I’m not worried about the expense of film and developing it.

Some of my favorite subjects are food, of course, windows, doors, signs, cats, and oddly enough, bathrooms. Why? Because foreign countries have different bathroom fixtures and I just find that fascinating in an odd sort of way.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the bathroom fixtures, lol! I love watching House Hunters International just to see what houses in other countries look like. The differences are fascinating! Good interpretation for the "open" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I have had trouble with the Open theme. Your take on it was simple and direct and very effective.
    www.julie-annemcdonald.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
You just made my day!!