Wednesday, September 28, 2011

lab 13

I mentioned this book way back last September. Drawing Labs for Mixed-Media Artists by Carla Sonheim is really great when you just want to play or experiment with new techniques or media.

This is my attempt at Lab 13 – Eyedropper Faces.

First, fill an eyedropper with ink. I used a dark blue watercolor instead.
Then use the eyedropper to draw the face.
After the faces are dry, I painted some areas to show detail.

Of course, I had to use ink pens after that to add more detail. It’s just not finished if it doesn’t have ink on it!

3 comments:

  1. These eyedropper faces are fabulous! I love that Carla Sonheim book - there are loads of great prompts in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a great book! Lots of fun labs to try.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
You just made my day!!